Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let It Simmer

Hands of Time - PTI
One of the tips from the online CAS class I took was if a card doesn't look "right", let it sit over night and come back to it.  That is just what I did with this card.  I was using a sketch from this week's  Freshly Made Sketches challenge, and last night the card "needed something" in the corner(s) above the clock face.  This morning it all came together.  Adding the three rhinestones and arranging the minute hand so it pointed to the upper left corner did the trick!

There were many details I gave attention to in this card.  I brought out the Copics and did some coloring, popped out the center face that the hands are mounted to, I had to use my Copics again on the brown patterned paper to bring in some darker brown (with the vertical lines) and shade over the circles so they were more of a navy blue than an aqua.  The little circles under the sentiment flag were recycled from and attempt to create my own patterned paper.

This same card is also going to go in the "An Eye for Detail" challenge from Cute Card Thursday.

I love it when a card comes together!   This one is for my son-in-law's 40th birthday.  He's celebrating with a trip to Las Vegas this week.  Happy Birthday, Jake!

6 comments:

  1. Really striking card! Love your attention to detail. Yes, letting a card or page sit overnight is often very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love how you incorporated the clock into the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Cathy. As I have been seeing these clocks in stamp sets recently my reaction has been well, that's ok, but how would I use it on a card? Well, now I see how cute it can be - Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I saw this card over on the Freshly Made Challenges blog - great design using the sketch!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful! I love, love that clock! Perfect for the sketch! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a different style card for you, but very pretty. Love the colors- looks like a perfect card for a man.I always have such a hard time when I try to do something different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy