Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just Fluttering By

Back in my craft room today with a new digi I bought from Tiddly Inks.  Christy Croll is the artist behind these stamps and digi images.  I became acquainted with her sweet style two years ago when I was taking  Creative Passion's self-paced Copic coloring class from Michelle Houghton.  We practiced on some of Christy's images and then I bought her stamps from Stamping Bella.

I just discovered her digi images two weeks ago and of course needed to make a purchase!   This one is called Fluttering By to Say Hi.  This card is going to my sweet granddaughter, Quinn.  I just got back from visiting her in CO.  We spent a lot of time stopping on our walks so she could get her face right up close to marvel at nature - just like this little girl.

I made this into a window card, which you can see a bit better in the close up below.  The dimension adds interest to the card.  I used Stickles on the girl's butterfly wings, shoes and headband. Rhinestones adorn her antennae, each of the die cut butterflies, and the outside of the circle.

Lots of Copics were used in my coloring.  I started out making her hair light blond, but didn't like it so I brought in some E's to give her a dark blonde or light brown hair color.  This is a new hair color for me, so I am glad I started light!

Hair:  Y02, 21 & E53, 55, 57, 13
Skin:  E00, 11, 13 & R20
Dress, shoes:  R11, 20, 22, 24
Butterfly wings:  BG11, 32, 34 & BV 02, 04, 07 & V05, 09
Flowers:  E13, 29, 49 & Y15, 18, 24
Grass: I pulled out lots of markers from the YG & G and just flicked in blades of grass.  I added some Y24 and R20 to tie in the colors I used on the girl and flowers.



Challenges entered:
Tiddly Inks -  Summer Treats and DT Call
Make It Monday - anything goes
A.R.T. Card Challenge - anything goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - picnic
Catered Crop - Summer Lovin'
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Divas By Design - anything goes
Marker Pop! Challenge #27 - Lovely Locks
Party Time Tuesdays #131 - anything goes


14 comments:

  1. This is so super cute, gorgeous colourwork. popped over from mim. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card. The colors are fabulous. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks this challenge AND for the DT Call! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is just too sweet! Gorgeous coloring job too...love all of those butterflies!! Thanks for playing along with us at the A.R.T. "Anything Goes" challenge, and we hope you'll join us again this Thursday for a *new* challenge too! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I love Tiddly Inks! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's precious! Don't you love it when you come across a stamp that reminds you of real life? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! This is so adorable!!! Thanks for joining us for the A.R.T. challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute card! Thank you for joining us at Party TIme Tuesdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet image and card, thanks for sharing with us at Divas for design this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely sweet card! I love the way the image is framed with your scalloped circle! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So CUTE! Lovely coloring and the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love Tiddly Inks, I love the hair colour you created, I think its one you should use often : ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable I saw it on Make it Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet, I love the extra butterflies and your beautiful color combo! Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at Tiddly Inks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy