Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes Challenge

Who's up for an anything goes challenge?!?!  I hope you are, because that's what Crafty Sentiments' Team B has for you this week!  A fun way to celebrate the last days of July and begin to think about August!  I used Pat with Flowers for my card.

This one is inspired by my sassy, stylin', 20-something niece, Kathleen, who is currently sporting a bright pink streak in her light brown hair!  I thought it added some whimsy to the card. With some extra time to putter around, I decided to follow the sequin trend in girl's clothing by adding some mini-heart sequins I've been hoarding since last summer to the bottom portion of my image.  They were a pain to use, so it's back on my shelf awaiting a future shaker card!

Challenges Entered:
CAS-ual Fridays #134 - Tic-Tac-Toe (sequins, white, dots)  -last challenge until 2015
The Pink Elephant #261/- AG
Through the Craft Room Door /- AG
Crafting from the Heart #29/ - AG
Digitally Sweet #98/ - Embellish it up
Less Is More #182 /- AG
Creative Fingers #44 - AG (2 wks)
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #70/ - Polka Dots
Pile It On #30/ - Embossing
613 Avenue Create #82/ - AG/use a sentiment
Digi Chooseday #30/ - Layer it Up!

11 comments:

  1. Love this card - so fresh and clean with the white embossed background - thanks so very much for dropping by and joining us at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, isn't this the cutest darn card! I love the hearts all over her dress...what great texture, color and pattern for it. And this adorable image is standing in a doorway with a bouquet of flowers--that's how I'm interpreting this. Along with that polka dot embossed background, this is just one of the cutest cards! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy - Thank you for the kind comment on my purple Racoon card you viewed on TTCRD - You suggested I enter in the challenge A Cut Above - I did a search and checked Paper Playful but I cannot locate this challenge - could you send me the link if you know the link? Thanks a bunch - and your card is lovely -I especially like the stitching you used on this creation! Have a lovely day -Gail'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathi I love that huge bouquet and I am now following your blog too !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh, Cathy - that pink streak in her hair and the sequins are so fun!!! She will get such a kick out of this card. I love those pierced dies (have to get them!), and the swiss dots ef never gets old, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love that you personalised the image with a pink streak - great work on the dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Glad you found a unicorn! :) This is a super pretty card. I love the little tiny sequin detail on the dress. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, so pretty and sweet. thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday. Wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card thank you for joining the crafting from the heart challenge, good luck. Alana DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute image! I love the touch of pink in her hair!
    Thanks so much for linking this up to CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy