Saturday, April 18, 2015

Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #8 - Anything Goes

The Lil' Patch Challenge #8 is an anything goes challenge.  I was lucky enough to be able to use an image from one of our three sponsors, A Day For Daisies.  They're a dream to color.  This on is called Aloha Parasol - she's just luscious!  I decided she was going to be a more "mature" woman and gave her some wrinkles around her belly.  Although now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure my mature gal would be wearing such a itty bitty bikini! I colored pearls with my Copics and added them to the parasol and as accents around the sentiment.

I used this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches to design my card.



Copics Used:
Skin:  E000, 21, 11
Flowers:R11, 20, 22, 24
Parasol: Y00, 04, 08 R20
Bikini:  BG000, 11, 32
Sand:  E41 (based) and dots of other E colors, some R20 and BG 11


The three sponsors for our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends means more chances to win prizes for you!  I love that Denise has three sponsors per challenge -  and the challenge this fortnight is anything goes!!  Take a peek at the DT's use of sponsor images here and be inspired to play along.

  
Prize:  $12 gift certificate

Prize:  7 images
Prize:  3 images
Challenges Entered:
Corrosive Challenge #222 - Floral Fantasy
Crafty Catz #275 /- It's a Girl Thing
Alphabet Challenge - E for Eye-Catching Edges
My Sheri Crafts #155 - A Girly Card

14 comments:

  1. Such a bright and lovely card Cathy, gosh, wish I could still wear such a teeny bikini!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are a coloration talent, don't you? It's perfect - even the wrinkles. And the hair! Oh my, it looks so beautiful!
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to come and check this out. Beautiful coloring Cathy. Don't you just love A Day For Daisy's images. Your card is just so pretty. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, I love your colouring, it's really makes you feel your at the beach. Love the design and colours chosen for the image, well done and great work Cathy xx
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, your colouring techniques are wonderful, especially love the aged wrinkles. A perfect umbrella card for our challenge, thanks for joining us at MTTC. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, love the feel it gives of summer sun. Thank you for linking up with us this time around at myshericrafts.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously love your mature woman in her bikini. I think we should be proud of those wrinkles - we earned them :o) Beautiful card. So fun to see it in our gallery at My Time to Craft this week. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Cathy love the image thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Dianne x
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your entry to The Corrosive Challenge! I have to have this digi! Thanks for joining in our challenge, and I wish you the best of luck!
    DebbieM

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great design, Cathy - even the parasol has some fab eye-catching edges. Just perfect for our current theme at the Alphabet Challenge, thanx for sharing.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute! It looks like she's wearing an oversized hat. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you made her more "mature" , and that parasol is just so very sweet with the lovely flower border!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy