Thursday, June 11, 2015

Creative Knockouts #93 - Use Your Stash

Art By Miran is sponsoring our "Use Your Stash" challenge at Creative Knockouts.  You've gotta love the idea of this challenge - who doesn't want to use rather than just collect a stash?!?  The "Hello" tag, it's backing piece, the flower and the button were all on my desk - ready to use!  The papers that back the image panel and the back bubble paper were from my scrap drawers - yahoo! I'm always excited when I use things that have been on my desk - patient discards from other card ideas, or pieces out of my scrap drawers.  It's like a little personal victory!

This cutie is Art By Miran's Blowing Bubbles.  I loved her big eye.  She was a little more challenging to color than I thought she was going to be.  The straight side- profile tested me with shading; the bubbles were tricky, too!  And then, there were her lips!  The bubbles actually have several very light colors including V0000, BG0000, BG70 and then a little spot of Stickles to catch the light.










  Can you keep a secret?  I just realized I forgot to shade the background!  Oops!   Here's what the Creative Knockout DT has created for inspiration.   Collect some of your stash and play along with us this week!
Challenges Entered:
Crafty Gals Corner #23 /- The Great Outdoors
The Crafter's Cafe #120/ - AG
Through the Craft Room Door/ - AG
Cards in Envy/ - Girls, Girls, Girls
Tuesday Throwdown/ - Frame It

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Cathy, I like the beautful image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Cathy! Your bubbles are so realistic - great job. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love the beautiful shading on her. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Kim -TTDT
    Lily Patch Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the coloring on her hair is amazing!! And isn't funny how you can not notice something until it's too late?! She looks just as lovely without a background though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Cathy! I love the colors and the papers are fun! Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally adorable! Love your coloring! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy! I hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! I love that image and the pretty bubbles! Ps...never would have noticed the shading, it's darling. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... this is super cute! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful coloring!!! sooo cute!!! thanks for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your stash you used. The paper is super cool and goes so perfectly with this image. Your coloring is wonerfull.

    Hugs DT Sister
    Tamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute image! Hahaha! Don't tell and no one will notice. Love the design and your stash papers! Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy