Sunday, October 2, 2016

Seven Daughters - A Day for Daisies



Tammy's been back at the drawing board and this new image, Seven Daughters is free in the ADFD Shop right now.  Isn't it a beauty?!?  AND it's free!

Two of my granddaughters are over for the weekend, so we have all been working on various projects in the craft room.  This morning, Anika was happily mixing paint colors from a minimal number of craft paints I have around the house and painting her own version of Seven Daughters. Here's her painting!  Mine took all day to finish, but she knew exactly what she wanted.  I love the variation she came up with for hair and skin.

If you popped over from the ADFD blog, I promised to post the color combinations I used for the hair and skin of these beauties.  I'm always on the look out for ideas and this card has some combinations I haven't used before and I hope you find the information helpful.  They look better on the card than they show up in the photo.  I especially liked the dark browns with the blue undertones and the dark browns of girl 3.

Girl 1:
Hair - C9, 7, 5, 3, B21
Skin - E30, YR31, + E21over the top, R11

Girl 2:
Hair - E50, 51, 23, 33, 42
Skin - E50, 51, E 11, R20

Girl 3:
Hair - E77, 47, 29, 49 
Skin - E51+31 on whole face, 33, E93

Girl 4:
Hair - E50, 51, 23, 33, 35 
Skin - E51, 11, BV000, E93

Girl 5:
Hair - E50, 51, 42
Skin - YR00 + E21 on top, E23, R20

Girl 6:
Hair - E74, 77, 44, 47, 49, B24
Skin - E13, 15, 93, hint of 18; color over top with E31

Girl 7:
Hair - E09, 13, 15, 18, 44
Skin - E00, 21, 11, R20

Challenges Entered:
Aud Sentiments #165/ - AG + Sentiment
Crafty Friends #41 /- Special Occasions 

7 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous image Cathy and a gorgeous card. Love all the ladies and variations.
    Your granddaughter did a great job on her painting and I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image and gorgeous creation! Your granddaughter did an amazing job too! So creative!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Let's Color Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Cathy! Fabulous coloring and thanks so much for the color combos. I always struggle with different complexions. Beautiful card. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy this is awesome. I wondered what this would look like colored up and you showed me how amazing an image it is. Great papers and layout. Glad you had fun with your grand daughters. Thank you so much for joining us for our Anything Goes Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. wonderful inspiration :)

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo unique!!! Thanks for showing us something outside the box!! I love it!!!
    Thanks for playing at Crafty Gals Corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. Great colouring. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, Cathy, the different skin and hair tones are amazing and what a beautiful image they make all together like that! And Anika! Looks like someone is following in her grandma's footsteps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy