Thursday, December 8, 2016

New DT Spot!

Hi Everyone,
I'm super-excited to announce my first post as a member of the CAS Colour & Sketch Challenge! It's thrilling to be invited to join this talented crew and take advantage of the opportunity to develop my CAS eye.  The new DT members officially begin posting in January, but each of us are being introduced to the blog in December.

This week's CAS C&S Challenge #203 is a seasonal sketch.  We chose one of the sketches from 2016.  I know coloring an image with Copics isn't exactly simple, but Sketch #164 was a perfect layout to showcase A Day for Daisies' beautiful Gentle Baby digital stamp.  The Amuse Studios' sentiment is in black embossing powder.   I stamped the white background with SU's Polka Dot stamp and Versa Mark ink and then used Iridescent Ice, added the image, and used a corner-rounder for the sides.


I hope you will join try your hand at a CAS card this week and play along with the challenge.  I'll see you with a new CAS card in January!!

Challenges Entered:
Dream Valley #146 - Christmas
TTCRD Dec. 6th/ - AG
Crafting By Designs 12/7/- Here Come the Holidays
Christmas Cards All Year Long/ - Dec. Anything Christmas

8 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome to the CC&S Design Team. Beautiful debut card too, a wonderful festive image perfect for the sketch you have chosen. Wonderfully coloured too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beuatiful card to introduce yourself to the CC&S team, welcome aboard Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new DT post. I think this image is so beautiful. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team, Cathy! This card is wonderful - I love the subtle background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've colored this Madonna and child image so beautifully! I agree that it's perfect for the sketch. I'm so glad you're part of our team at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love this image and i have used it myself in our DT inspiration. it is one of the most tender mother and child images i have ever seen. lovely card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck in the challenge, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty little scene, Cathy! And the CAS overall layout is so perfect to draw your eye right in to to both the image and the sentiment - I like the distressed edges of the focal square too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy