Friday, January 6, 2017

A Day for Daisies January Challenge - Two or More Layers

Happy New Year!  It's hard to believe we are already one week into 2017.

I am crazy about layers, so this month's challenge theme (Two or More Layers) is a no brainer for me!  I count five layers!  No Copics on this card; I tried my hand at colored pencils.  I love how they look on kraft paper (even though this is Sahara Sand).  I just have an inexpensive set of 24 Crayola colored pencils, and was pleasantly surprised how well they worked.  I bought a Prismacolor white for the shading.

You can't tell from the photo, but her wings sparkle.  I made the background paper using a Hero Arts stamp (thanks Daria!!- Love it!!) and white embossing powder.  White gel pen gave the appearance of snow in the globe.  Sketch Saturday's great sketch helped give me a plan for my card design.





Get your layers on and join the A Day for Daisies Challenge this month!   You have until January 31st to upload your card in the gallery.  Remember, challenge winners receive ADFD images and a chance to be a guest designer.   Check out the inspiration from the DT here!

Challenges Entered:
Sketch Saturday #444/
Crafting By Designs January Challenge - AG
Crafty Gals #104/ - Use Something New (Hero arts stamp and blue MFT paper)
Little Red Wagon #375 - Something New (new stash bg stamp and paper)
Craft Rocket #30 - Something New (Hero arts stamp and blue MFT paper)
Fab & Funky #332 /- Little Girls






8 comments:

  1. WOW!! Cathy your snowglobe is so beautifully coloured, now I need it in my life! love your mix of papers, bringing out all the subtle colours in your snowglobe. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Fantastic colouring! Wonderful ribbon too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work!
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges. Good luck.
    Bye,Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous little girl for our challenge. I love your colouring, especially the wings.

    Thanks for playing along at Fab N Funky.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful image and so perfectly coloured. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - love patterned papers and stamp. Your coloring is perfect.

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner, Erika DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Thanks for sharing with us at Fab N Funky xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Love the image and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy