Tuesday, July 18, 2017

CAS Colours and Sketch #232 - Colour Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Another new 2017-18 In-Color for you to try with this week's CC&S challenge.  This one is Powder Pink, which reminds me of the pink ballet leotards are made in.  It's very similar to Blushing Bride, but with a little less brown undertone.   I have to admit, this isn't my first card.  It's not even my second card!  The colors challenged me a bit because I was determined to make the Powder Pink and Soft Sky the feature colors.

I worked on watercolor paper using the smoosh technique with Powder Pink and Soft Sky inks.  I applied the ink to a scrap of clear acetate, spritzed the paper with water and let the inks work their magic.  Because the colors are soft, it needed a little more dimension. Using a very old SU stamp,  the splash of extra dots were created by stamping directly on the paper.

The Night of Navy birthday script is a die from MFT and the border die is from Avery Elle.

I hope you will come and play in the gallery this week - but first, pop by the CC&S blog and peek at the rest of the DT's creations!

Challenges Entered:
Happy Little Stampers July 2017/ - CAS Birthday
Crafty Friends Challenge #62/ - Florals
My Time to Craft #350/ - In the Garden
Simply Papercraft #48/ - AG
That's Crafty! July 7/ - AG

9 comments:

  1. I love your ink smooshing! Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Cathy, Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty and joining in with the Anything Goes Blog Challenge.. Best Wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and wonderful smooshed panel. You should also link this up to our watercolour challenge :) Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, the smooshed background looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Love your ink smooshed BG and beautiful stamp choice. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card. I like the smooshed background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card thank you for sharing with us at Simply Papercraft - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card...your sweet flowers are so pretty. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy