Monday, August 21, 2017

Stick It Down - August Card Sketch

I have to admit, this month's Stick It Down sketch challenged me!  The good news is pulling out all of my stamps to find "the one" and going through my hoarded pile of paper unearthed some fabulous "finds" - right in my own stash!!

You know those stamps you must have when you see someone's card online?  That was the case for me with Altenew's Vintage Flower Set.  It has been in my collection for over a year and has never been inked.  I can't even remember the card that called out, "Buy this set, now!"  I've pulled it out before, but the three layer stamping just sent me over the edge!  

Well, needing three of the same images in different sizes, meant Vintage Flowers finally came out to play.  The clear stamps are nicely stained - Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Melon Mambo left their mark!  I used Certainly Celery, Pear Pizazz, and Old Olive for the greens. Right At Home Stamp's Script Greetings Die Set and a sheet from that coveted stack of patterned paper from my collection filled in the space!  I love the feminine feel of this card.  In the end, the three layer stamp wasn't so bad!!

Pop by the Stick It Down Blog and see what the rest of the card team has for you this month, and then play along!

Challenges Entered:
The Crazy Challenge #255 - Inking is Fun!
Stamping Sensations August Challenge - AG
Crafty Friends #64 - AG
Di's Digi Creations 8/14 - Flower Fancy

8 comments:

  1. A totally delightful floral creation and pretty contrasting shades for the stamping, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous roses and a lovely card cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stamping Cathy and your roses look beautiful. I definitely need to add these to my crafty wish list :) Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so pretty in those colours, beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch! These flowers are so beautiful (but really, what Altnew set isn't!?) and it looks like you did an awesome job lining up the layering. I love the feminine feel of it, too; so gorgeous! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along over at Crafty friends with your lovely card!
    Linda DTCF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cathy… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely floral card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely roses and beautifull card. Thanks for your entry at the crazy challenge blog.
    Miroslava DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy