Tuesday, January 30, 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #257 - Double Challenge

The fifth Tuesday of the month means a double challenge on the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge Blog!  This one had me stumped - first the sketch and then once I came up with a plan for that, I had to figure how how to use the colors for another Valentine card!  This one is for my grandson.

The certainly celery patterned paper is from deep in old SU stash.  In fact, I think it's the last little bit of it (sigh) and the heart frame is cut free-hand.  I didn't have the other two colors, so I went to my Copics for the Apricot Appeal and substituted Bermuda Bay paper and ink for Coastal Cabana.  A combination of other supplies from my stash went into this creation:  Sugar Pea Designs' Notched Heart Journal Die was die cut in white and Bermuda Bay.  The hearts are inlaid from each of the die cuts.  The sentiment is from a Papertrey Valentine set and the fussy-cut monster is from another old (unidentified) stamp set.  A corner rounder on two edges of the card back mirrors the edges of the journal die cut.


Take a look what the other ladies on the DT have created this week on the the CC&S Blog - and then try your hand at Beverly's double challenge.  I'm looking forward to seeing the creativity in this week's gallery!

Challenges Entered:
Always Fun Challenges #43/ - Monsters or Fairies
Crafty Friends #76 /- AG
Sweet Stampin' Challenge 1/27/18/ - Valentine/Love

9 comments:

  1. LOVE how you have used the heart die panel, very effective and overall a fun and cute Valentines card. Great use of the double too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, that little monster is so cute. I love how you've combined the monster and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card - love that little guy! Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute way to interpret the double challenge! I think your grandson will love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, lovely Cathy, this is such a fun creation! That monster is adorable! Love the way you made the hearts inside the larger heart have colour! Really fun way to use your die. So lovely to see your entry. Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' for our Valentine's/Love challenge. Love what you did for it. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card the little monster really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just makes me smile. I really like how you have the hearts within the heart in the blue. Little touches like this make this a really special card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello… Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes’ challenge at Crafty Friends with your lovely card.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy